Thursday, June 7, 2012

RAGBRAI Heels



I'm sorry Terry but I think these are going to be my RAGBRAI Heels, a pair of Keen cycling sandals.

I was dared by a friend to wear a pair of high heels one day while riding on RAGBRAI.  I have been trying to figure out a way to do that but I just don't think I can.  471 miles in 7 days is hard enough but to do one of those days in high heels is a whole different trick.  I have not totally given up on this idea but don't be too shocked when I end up in the above pair of Keen's for the whole 7 days.

I did find one shoe that had promise(Pour La Victoire Kerr Pumps), but the $275 price tag turned me away.  I could't see paying that for a pair of heels to wear one time to settle a dare (and I think my husband would shoot me).  With the tread on the bottom of these shoes they might not be bad winter heels here in Iowa.


I still have another plan I am working on.  I need to get a new set of pedals for my bike.

And then this pair of wedges.
I just might be able to pull this off(Ollio Women's Wedge Platform High Heels Strap Sandals)
.  If the pedal cage will open wide enough to accommodate the platform on this wedge I can do it.  Terry I hope this satisfies your dare, a pair of normal high heel pumps just don't work on bicycle pedals.

Keep watching I will let you know what happens.  If I do this it will be on day 6 of RAGBRAI July 27th,  riding from Cedar Rapids to Anamosa.  Only 42.2 miles and 2200 feet of climb, an easy day which I will need if I ride in these shoes.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment