Tuesday, June 5, 2012

These Shoes Weren't Made for Walking

Everyone who knows me knows that I love my high heels, the higher the better.  I recently saw a pair of shoes that I could not resist buying with a heel that screamed wear me.  I should have suspected something by the name of the shoe "Devious Scream 12".


When my shoes arrived I couldn't wait to get them out of the box and try them on.  I had never owned a pair of heels I could not walk in and I wasn't going to let a pair of shoes get the better of me now.  I pulled the first shoe out of the box and looked at it.  I went to slide my foot in and after a lot of wiggling, cramping, and stuffing I got the shoe on my foot.  Ditto for the other shoe.  After getting both shoes on I stood up and just about fell on my face but I caught myself and was able to stand wobbling for a few seconds before sitting back down.  Not to be beaten by a pair of shoes I stood again and this time I was able to walk very shakily to another chair about 4 feet from the one I just left and promptly sat down again.  I found a pair of heels that I was not able to comfortably walk in.


I put the shoes in the back of my closet and about every 6 months I get them out and put them on, they do look great but these shoes are not made for walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment